Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Jolly Trolley


I know, I know... I would keep away from the blog... It's just that  can't. It's on my mind all day (and evening, 'till I go to sleep)! I just LOVE it so much. But I'm still taking it easy. Pulled out my sewing machine and got going. How you like them apples?? Or should I say Color Bomb Patchwork Cushion Cover?!


I love the way it turned out. And the back matches so well. I'm thinking to make a DIY kit to sell in my Etsy shop, would some of you like that?? It's a 40 x 40 cm cover, with zipper. It really brightens up the place (and yes, even my place can always use some brightening up!).


And it matches so well with the Pastel Color Bomb Project I started yesterday. It's going to be another baby travel blanket. Think it will be finished soon, since it's so much fun and it's easy.


But now, for the Jolly Trolly, I didn't want to keep this happy object from you. How pretty is this?? I've been drooling over this trolly from IKEA for months. I just couldn't think of a founded reason to get one. And even though I didn't find one, I got it anyway from my birthday money (yes, I got birthday money this year...). And how I'm LOVING it!!


It moves so smooth and the constant burst of color lightens up my moods. I don't know how I ever lived without it. And it's so useful for my yarn storage. Works like a charm!


Gonna leave you with a little photo mosaic of the pretty cushion. Couldn't resist even though they are double... Have a Jolly (Trolley) day!

 Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. Hoi Jenn,

    ik kwam toevallig op jou blogje terecht, ik was op zoek naar patroontjes van leuke Doily's. ik ben meteen volger van je geworden, wat een gezellig blogje heb je. :-))
    Groetjes van Chantal blogje HaakBrei-n

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and the new look of your blog !! I also love your IKEA trolley. I had seen it before also in white but like much more this aqua one. When I like something so much I have to buy it (if I can afford it at the time) then I buy it and then I look for a place or a reason to have it at home.
    You found the perfect use for it !
    Rgards from Madrid !
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheerful colors to brighten up those grey winter days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kom jij maar af en toe buurten hoor, gezellig. De trolley staat ook op m'n verlanglijstje, ik zag 'm vorig jaar bij Bien (Bienemize) voorbij komen en was op slag verliefd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jolly Trolley - the description makes me smile and WOOOP WOOOOP these trolleys are available from Ikea in Qatar too. I am so going to shop myself silly at Ikea for truckloads full of basics and more once in Doha!! Oh boy, do I miss that shop! I love your cushion and think a kit will do well. The travel blanket is a happy one too. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy! And I know what you mean. I missed IKEA when living in Chiang Mai too.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, I have trolley envy! That is so cute - especially in blue. Now if I could only get one that came with all that yarn in it. Love the patchwork cushion.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. HayHay!
    Super mooi patchwork kussen! Prachtig gemaakt!
    Zo lekker vrolijk!
    En die trolley... elke keer als ik m zie dan bedenk ik een reden om m te kopen maar ik eigenlijk heb ik m niet nodig.... kijken hoe lang ik me nog kan beheersen...
    Liefs Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenn, you are brilliant! I just got one of those Ikea carts but would have never thought to use it as a yarn caddy--I may need to go back for another. I love how the bright yarn complements the lovely aqua cart. This is totally the answer to my exploding yarn stash :)

    Amy | Club Narwhal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanx. I'm very happy with my idea too. Finally my stash is organized....

      Delete
  9. Ik kreeg 'em zomaar van mijn man, lief hè!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colours as always Jenn - love the way you turn fabric and yarn always into heart-lifting sunshine. The blue trolley is perfect - what a happy discovery! Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! I've always wanted one of the trolleys, they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I love this trolley too... But have absolutely no reason for buying it - except that it's smashingly cool :) But hey, my birthday is coming up soon too.. ;)
    Lovely, colourful blog post - as always :) Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your trolly is gorgeous - what a beautiful colour - and as you say it is perfect for yarn storage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I think your blog is the most beautiful, sunshiny blog of all-when I look through it at the gorgeous uplifting colours it makes me smile. I love it!!! Debby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 01 09 10